Saturday, August 21, 2004

I didn't sleep tonight. My only consolation to myself for the lack of sleep is that my journal has been upgraded. I've begun the slow task of reinstalling the plugins I've used in the latest version of my journal. I've set a target for myself - my new journal MUST be up and functioning before my 21st birthday.

If I fail, well, let's not think about that. I shan't fail. 'Cos I never allow myself to.

There is a monkey wrench thrown into my plans. Unfortunately, it is one of my own doing. So, I've got no one to blame except myself. I'll be visiting my grandmother this coming Monday. She stays in a town far away from where I stay. This town is not quite rural, but it isn't Kuala Lumpur either. From her house, the town (and where all cyber cafe's reside) is at least 20 minutes away. If I were to bring along Thushee (my Toshiba notebook), I'd have to use dialup to access the Internet and everyone knows not very much can be achieved with dialup.

Soooo, I had better install and do up most of it before I leave on Monday morning. And that's where yet another problem arises. Today's Sunday morning. I'm supposed to go shopping with my mother today and I've got to bake chewy chocolate chip cookies and brownies today afternoon to take with me to my grandma's house. (The kids always love my baking. And who am I to deny them of that? ;)

So, it's in between of these two planned activities, I have to find time to get my journal up. Spit spot. What a feat! Do I get into the Malaysian Book Of Records for this? :P

Yesterday was my best friend's - J - birthday. I wanted to call her up and wish her but I couldn't get her mobile phone. So, I text messaged her instead and she replied that she was at home (home for her is very far from me, and her phone line at home is difficult to get at times due to the rural-ness.) I wish I was there to celebrate her birthday though.

I got my first two early birthday wishes from my Orkut friends - Mithun and Wes. Somehow, I never expected any wishes from people I knew from Orkut. After all, they're ones I never met. But, it was sweet of them. I was touched. Especially since Wes knew that I'll be visiting my grandma's house and he wasn't sure if he would see me online on my birthday.

I'm rambling on now, aren't I? But, what the heck. I have the right to ramble as much as I like. My blog, my talk. Glasgow sent more letters - some of which are forms I have to fill and send back. They included a long booklist and details on what the first semester would be like. It sounds challenging - I'm looking forward to it.

I just realized I know of so many friends of mine - both blogging and non-blogging who are going to start school with me this September. It makes me wonder whether all of them are as nervous and as excited as me. Whether they're wondering if they'll find nice friends and if they'll fit in. If the lectures will be tough.

I wonder a lot. My mind's constantly flitting from here to there. I'd better get back to work and install another plugin. That'll keep it occupied for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home