Sunday, August 22, 2004

A record for me - I didn't sleep tonight either. That's 48 hours with no sleep. The good news is that I've restored my journal to its original state. It works fine but I just don't feel an urge to write there yet. I still have some things on my mind to do with it - just that I've been working on it for so long that I'm kinda fed up with looking at coding and figuring out the why's and how's to make it work.

It's Monday morning - I just packed my clothes in my bag for my 5 days, 4 nights stay at my grandmother's. I'm so so so so so soooooo looking forward to seeing my cousins! We've planned a couple of things to do while I'm there - stuff that I haven't done for like aeons! Yep, my cousin and my brother and I have our traditional MF's (midnight feasts a la Enid Blyton) when we visit each other. Basically, it's staying up the whole night with loadsa junk food - crisps, chocolate, sugary sweet soft drinks - and lotsa entertainment planned - the Nintendo Gameboy, ghost stories, gossip, sharing of secrets, board games. Stuff like that. My brother isn't coming though - he's got college so it'll be me and my cousin reliving out our childhood memories.

I've already made her promise to take me to ALL the great restaurants in that li'l town in Perak. It's gonna be awhile until I eat Malaysian food after I leave for UK. And shopping too - if there's anything nice. I love my grandma's place - it's so peaceful and quiet though, very unlike bustling, noisy Kuala Lumpur. Although I never much liked the nights - with the inane buzzing of mosquitoes. The croaking of the frogs don't bug me much unless I go out of the house and then have a frog jump right over my foot or past me.

I made those cookies for my cousins - the other 2 little runts - K & B - are gonna love 'em. They turned out well - very soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies. The brownies weren't so bad either - I used the Pillsbury Mix of Fudge Brownies. Since I didn't sleep the whole of yesterday, I was dead tired on my feet while baking. I kept needing to drink sugary sweet drinks to keep the glucose buzz up so I could finish on time. I made pizzas too for dinner - they were yummy. Mmmm, carbs. Those people on the (F)Atkins Diet seriously don't know what they're missing!

Leaving in another 4 hours time - so I guess there's no point in me sleeping now. I think if I did fall asleep, it's gonna take two whole herd of elephants to stampede past me to get me to wake up! Just remembered - I have to pack my camera too. And Thushee. And my mobile/cell phone charger. My toothbrush. Toothpaste. My contacts & lens solution. Some mags and a book or two.

I need to re-pack.

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 23, 2004 12:33:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip!!!

donNY

 
At Friday, August 27, 2004 7:35:00 pm, Blogger Thushara said...

I did! It was great! Watch out for the pictures soon! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home